Castaic Education Foundation
Helping students, one educator
at a time!
Founded in 1994, the purpose of the Education Foundation is to assist in the achievement of a superior public education program by developing and managing projects that support programs that meet the changing needs of the District and its students.
The foundation consists of community members, CUSD employees, and parents who are committed to providing quality programs and resources for district students.
Since 1994, the Castaic Ed Foundation has awarded over $500,000.00 in grants and gifts to the educators and school sites in the Castaic Union School District!
What We Do
Grant Award Ceremony
We are very excited to announce that this year, the Education Foundation awarded 16 outstanding grants, totaling $50,000.
The first 4 grants are being awarded under the Peter Sharp Mini Grant. In 2017 the Ed Foundation was the recipient of a large endowment from the Peter Sharp Trust.
1. Jodi Lopata - Mindfulness Room
2. Natalie Urso (Beth Smith) - Rooted in Reading
3. Erin Oxhorn-Gilpin- Reading Manipulatives
4. Kerry Summers - Math Multiplication Machines
These next recipients wrote grants for items and professional development totaling up to $5,000 each
1. Kaityln Siemantel, Hester Sheppard - Get Your Teach On (PD)
2. Dan Chandler - CMS Music Program
3. Patty O’Mara - Sensory Room
4. Karla deLemos - CMS Art Department
5. Katrina Weiner - ECOS Transportation
6. Robin Peters - All Kids Bike
7. Brianna Gehrke - Flexible Seating
8. Lara Frandzel - Exploring Science ECOS
9. Michele Silverlake - 3D Printer
10. Terry Parent - CMS Video Production
11. Brian Malette - LOS TK/K Playground
12. Lori Tompkins- Robotics
Annual Art Contest
We are so pleased to announce the winner of our 4th Annual Art Contest. Congratulations to Victoria Sanchez, a 4th Grade student at Live Oak Elementary School! Victoria and her family will be special guests at the CUSD Board meeting on May 11, 2023, where her artwork, "If I had a wish..." will be on display in the Board Room for everyone to enjoy for years to come!
In addition, Victoria has earned a pizza party for her class and a gift basket of art supplies. Victoria's artwork will be featured on all Castaic Education Foundation correspondence and social media until a new winner is announced next year!
Peter Sharp Endowment
In 2017 the Ed Foundation was the recipient of a large endowment from the Peter Sharp Trust. These funds will be used to provide support to our students each year in the areas of literacy, art and science.
How You Can Help
From events to programs, volunteers work together to help support the high-quality education our students enjoy in the Castaic Union School District. Enrich their instruction today by donating your time, energy, and expertise! In addition, donating directly to our Foundation helps ensure the continuation of each and every program on a year to year basis.
28131 Livingston Avenue
Valencia, CA 91355